Ordinary General Assembly of the Nordic Fertility Society
Friday August 23rd 2019, 15.15-16.15 NFS 2019 Gothenburg
- Opening of the meeting – Jon Hausken
- Election of chairman and secretary for the meeting
Soren Ziebe was elected as a chairman and Hanna Savolainen-Peltonen as a secretary.
- Election of two auditors
Christel Hyden-Granskog and Paula Peltopuro were elected as auditors.
- NFS President report from the NFS board
Jon Hausken thanked the board members for their great contribution for the society. The board has conducted four physical meetings and several telephone meetings in the past two years. The main topics of the meetings have been education (NFS congress plus education courses) and healthy economy.
- Presentation of the five national representatives (S, F, N, DK, IS)
Sigrun Kjotrod NOFAB, Stina Järvholm SSRM, Antti Perheentupa SFY, Kathrine Birch Petersen DFS, Steinunn Thorsteinsdottir Iceland
- Discharge from liability to the board members and chairman for 2017-2019
Astrid presented the budget for 2017-2019, which is in a healthy balance.
The GA 2017 accepted the work, economy and activities done by the Board in the period since last GA in Nyborg Strand 2017 and discharged the board from liability.
- Election of the new NFS president
Marjut Otala was elected as the new NFS president.
- The Board will inform the members about the ongoing Education Courses
Antti Perheentupa told that the education course news are on the NFS webpage. All the presentations will be found as videos on the webpage. There was a discussion on keeping the physical meetings going on anyway on a yearly basis.
- The Board suggests changing the By-laws:
- The next and previous Chairman of the NFS congress will become full voting member of the NFS Board (this suggestion was first time approved in Nyborg Strand 2017). The GA approved the suggestion.
- §11. Changes of the Articles of Association shall be adopted by a majority of at least 2/3 of the members of two successive General Assemblies. The GA approved the suggestion.
- The new By-law suggested: §11. Changes of the Articles of Association can be approved by the boards of the national societies at least 4 weeks before and then adopted at the subsequent General Assembly. The GA approved the suggestion.
- Matters arising
The next NFS congress will be held on 26th to 28th August in Helsinki, Finland.