2022 – August 19 2022
Minutes from Nordic Fertility Society General Assembly
Date: August Friday 19th 2022, 15:00 - 16:00
Meeting venue: Marina Congress Center
Invited: Marjut Otala (F), Astrid Helene Sydtveit (N) , Steinunn Thorsteinsdottir (IS), Kirsten Louise Tryde Macklon (DK), Antti Perheentupa (F), Stina Jarvholm (S), Janni Vikkelsø Jeppesen (DK),
Not present: Ann Thurin (S), Hildegunn Stoum (N), Hanna Savolainen-Peltonen (F)
- Opening of the meeting
- Election of chairman and secretary for the meeting
Chairman of the meeting is Antti Perheentupa (F) and the secretary is Steinunn Thorsteinsdóttir (IS).
- Election of two auditors
Julius Hreinsson (S) and Kersti Lundin (S).
- NFS President’s report from the NFS board
Marjut Otala gave report from NFS board about:
- The current board members
- All the webinars from 2020-2021: Female Fertility preservation, Andrology - Update on Male Fertility and Available Treatments, Challenges in Donor Treatments, Psychosocial Counseling in Reproductive Medicine. Attendees, count of country and count of speciality were presented. All the Webinars that have been recorded are available for members to watch on the NFS website.
- NFS has collaborated with New England Fertility Society, Baltic Fertility Society and NILS on joint Webinars or Workshops.
- In April 2022 NFS took part in IFFS 2022 24th World Congress by having a presentation of the society in the “Round the World in 60 minutes” session. Virtual session.
- XXVI Nordic Fertility Society Meeting in Helsinki 18th - 20th of August 2022. The Meeting was scheduled in Helsinki for 2021, but was canceled due to Covid-19 Pandemic.
- NFS Board Meetings have mostly been online and few on-site. 2019 - after Gothenburg Congress, 1 online meeting. 2020 - 2 meetings online. 2021 - 3 meetings (online). 2022 - 4 meetings (2 online, 2 on-site). Organizing committee for the webinars, several meetings 2020-2021. The NFS 2022 local organizing committee, several meetings in 2020 to 2022 to discuss the arrangements concerning the NFS 2022 congress.
- Annual letter. NFS has expressed its strong support to the initiatives in fertility awareness and reproductive sustainability by approaching the governments of each country regarding these topics.
- Presentation of the five national representatives (S, F, N, DK, IS)
Antti introduces the national Chairs. Stina Järvholm, Sweden - Janni VikkelsØ Jeppesen - Denmark, Hanna Savolainen-Peltonen - Finland, Steinunn Thorsteinsdottir - Iceland. Representative from Norway, Hildegunn Stoum, was not present at the assembly.
- NFS economy 2019-2022 The treasurer’s report and budget
Astrid Helene Sydtveit, Treasurer for NFS, gave a report of the economic status of the society. The economy is good and the NFS has a balance of: 2,112,598.53 DKK by 2021-12-31. There was a discussion about how much surplus the society should have.
- Discharge from liability to the board members and chairman for 2019-2022
No issues. The board is discharged from liability.
- Election of the new NFS president
Stina Järvholm is elected the new president for NFS.
- The Board suggests new By-laws;
- In case the society possesses a credit card, it will be under the name of the treasurer of the Nordic Fertility Society. The treasurer is responsible for the use of the credit card and will agree on the payments with the president of the society. If the treasurer changes, she/he will inform the bank of this change and the new treasurer will become the card holder. Both the president and the treasurer are authorized to sign for the society.
- In case an on-site biannual meeting and/or general assembly cannot be held due to a force majeure situation, alternative solutions can be used, for example a virtual NFS meeting and / or general assembly can be arranged.
The new By-laws are accepted by all the Nordic Fertility Societies.
- Matters arising -
The next NFS Congress will be held 17-19 of August 2024 in Oslo. The Chair will be Hans Ivar Hanevik.
Steinunn Thorsteinsdottir, secretary
Kersti Lundin, auditor Julius Hreinsson, auditor