2022 – December 15th

Minutes: Board Meeting Nordic Fertility Society

Date:December 15 th 2022
On zoom; 16:30-18:30
Invited:Stina Järvholm (S/SSRM), Astrid Helene Sydtveit (N), Steinunn Thorsteinsdottir (IC),
Kirsten Louise Tryde Macklon (DK), Antti Perheentupa (FI), Sirpa Mäkinen (FI), Niels Fuglede (S),
Hans Ivar Hanevik (N), Janni Vikkelsø Jeppesen (DFS), Hanna Savolainen-Peltonen (SFY),
Hildegunn Stoum (past NOFAB), Ingrid Ståhl (present NOFAB)
Not present:Janni Vikkelsø Jeppesen (DFS)
  1. Presentation of board members and reports from societies. NOFAB; Meeting in January and a new chair elected, welcome Ingrid and thank you Hildegunn for being part of NFS board. DFS; Planning for their annual meeting in March. SFY; Planning for their annual meeting in March. SSRM; Planning for annual meeting in April. All societies are now able to work more like the time before the pandemic.

  2. Secretary of today’s meeting is Stina

  3. Last minutes. Nothing to add to previous protocol.

  4. Financial matters. We have a troublesome situation with Danske Bank not being able to handle our account and among other things then not being able to pay reimbursements and invoices. Janni and Astrid are working to solve the situation. NFS is registered in Denmark and Janni has now taken over the residence for NFS. Hopefully Astrid will get access to the account in close time but to be able to do so it is of uttermost importance that any member registered as board member have signed the document and send this to Janni. We need to come up with a more stable solution for the future.

  5. NFS 2022 Congress in Helsinki August. Sirpa summarizes the meeting. The congress went very well, and participants, sponsors and organizers are satisfied. Approximately 450 persons attended the meeting. The finances ended with a surplus of app. 28 000 euro. On our next physical board meeting will we have a more extend review of the meeting. Thanks to all of you that put all your effort in making this congress work!

  6. Next NFS meeting in Norway. Hans Ivar the chair for the upcoming congress presents the details so far. The meeting will be held in Oslo 15-17 of August in 2024. There are three possible venues all with different pros and cons. We agree that continue with planning for Hotel Radisson Scandinavia at Holbergsgate. We agree to start planning the details and for the scientific program when we meet for the next physical board meeting.

  7. The finical situation for NFS is good and we got the proposal from the revision and GA to find activities to bring some of the overplus back to the members. A discussion started about different possibilities for example to give out scholarships or adjust the membership fees from the national societies. We agreed to continue this discussion on up-coming meetings.

  8. Homepage. Is now updated with new board members. Please visit the homepage and let Steinunn know if something should be changed or added. We discussed if we should establish an NFS-email or put the personal mail addresses on the homage (with brackets). No decision in this matter was taken.

  9. Logo. Hildegunn showed the one we agreed on in August. We are not completely satisfied with the chosen one for one reason that it has an overlap with other Nordic societies. Hildegunn will once more send out our top ones and in the up-coming weeks we will try to make a final decision.

  10. Collaborations. Kirsten has been in contact with a large Scottish clinic, since there are no Scottish society which we favored to start a collaboration with. We discuss pros and cons in proceed in chose a clinic to collaborate with since we are society.
    Kirsten has also reached out to the New England for collaborating about webinars.

  11. Webinars/education. Antti oversees this matter. We discussed briefly what could be added if the curriculum changed about the certification courses. The members can still view the previous lectures on the webpage. We need to discuss further what can be added.

  12. Next Meeting/meeting in May. We agreed on hat next board meeting need to be physical, hopefully in May and at Scandic near Kastrup, DK. Stina will send out a suggestion for this.

  13. Matters arising. -